Pages

Thursday 1 May 2014

We Are Eight


This fool has been letting me follow him around for 8 years now.
It was quite early in our friendship that I found out if I stayed in his room long enough after class he'd feed me.
I think that was his first mistake.


I soon realised I had a good thing going and needed to claim him as my own.
I also found out that it wasn't just feeding me he was good at. He made me laugh and knew about things I wish I already knew about.


After spending almost the whole first year practically sharing his tiny tiny halls room we had to both go home for the summer. I think for sane people it would have been nice to have a bit of space, not living in a shoe box with a person for a while should have been a relief.
But it wasn't.
After that summer we moved into our shared student house with some friends and we've been inseparable ever since.


He still makes me laugh. A lot. He still tells me interesting things. Most importantly, he still feeds me.
We've changed a lot over the eight years but instead of growing apart we somehow just seem to get more and more attached to each other. I often think about how lucky I am to have found someone who gets super excited or super angry about the same things as me pretty much every time.


The confusion of posing with a blender might make him not know at all where the camera is

 
but at least we always have a good time.



I love you, you hairy fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment