Pages

Saturday 24 May 2014

The Rosary Cemetery ~ 23/05/14

Untitled

We took a walk yesterday evening to give my wrist a rest from the crochet work I'm doing at the moment and popped over to the cemetery. It's always a good place for a wander.

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

This is the only mausoleum in the whole cemetery. I've shared it on here before but I just like it so much. It belongs to Emanuel Cooper who was an eye surgeon. He died in 1878. I don't even wanna think about having that eye surgery.

Untitled Untitled

Everything was so green, it's a beautiful place.

Untitled

I've not seen an unfinished date before on a gravestone, I'm really curious to know why it was left half blank. Maybe it was Ada that had the stone engraved so she couldn't have known her own year but wanted to make sure she'd be on it? In that case is she even dead yet? I guess I'll never know but it's interesting to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment