Pages

Thursday 25 April 2019

Waterfowl Rejection


We had some unseasonably nice weather and even though it's kind of creepy for it to be so hot in april we thought we'd take advantage of it and cycled to Thorpe St Andrew to see the ducks.



Hi scary friend.



I have always had a soft spot for ducks, look how precious they are! And I love the sounds they make. I want to hold one so bad, they look so cosy. I think I'd cry.




We took some grated carrot to feed them, google said it was good for ducks and we know bread is bad for them and that it was a bank holiday so they'd probably had a lot of it. They hated us lol. If you want to see us get rejected by ducks, geese and swans I have a video here. They were not into it. They know backpacks and tupperware is where food comes from so they'd come over and then they'd see what we had and just leave. It was so funny. I don't mind being rejected though, I still get to see their beautiful bods.


There's a small church and cemetery nearby so we popped in there for a look. Some of the grave stones are pretty old and there were bees living in the walls of the church, at least three nests really close together. It was so cool.


Then when we got home I did some drawing from my photos. I'd like to draw more while I'm out but this wasn't the day for that. I had to memorialise the swans and how affronted they were by the carrots.



2 comments:

  1. I really like your sketchbooks! Love your use of colour and everything. But I'm a bit sad to find out bread is bad for ducks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm pretty sure bread doesn't cause them any harm, it just doesn't have the nutrients they need so if everyone gives it all the time it ends up being bad for them because they fill up on it and don't eat what they should. I'm quite excited to find out what healthy things our ducks will end up liking though!

      Delete