Pages

Wednesday 17 August 2016

The Little Things ~ 12th August 2016

Untitled
Untitled

I don't know why but it seems being negative is so much easier than being positive so it's really easy to get caught up in all the negativity that's floating around, whether it's being sad because of negativity coming from everywhere else or maybe you're the one being a bit down on things rather than finding the good. It's important to make the effort to be more positive, you'll feel so much better for it and it has a knock on effect for everyone around you. It's definitely an ongoing battle for me. People doing wrong (in tiny not so important ways and massive super important ones) really hits me hard and I find it starts to drag me down way too much but I also feel like it's important to see as much of what's going on in the world as possible so I can't just hole up and ignore everything. You need to find a balance.

Untitled
Untitled

I think one good way to do this is to take some time to notice all the little things that make you smile that you'd normally just walk past or don't really see anymore. I thought I'd make a little video/photo series out of it. Every now and then I'm going to take a couple of hours off (or just throughout a whole day) and record some of the little things that exist that are good. It's not a magical cure but it should give me chance to stop, take a breath and realise at least it's not all bad.


As well as upping my mental state I'm also hoping this little exercise will improve my filming and photography skills so win win ^_^
If only I had some editing software to correct contrast and such, one day  /(^ × ^)\

The first two photos in here are actually from a different day but they fit the theme and had no where else to go.
Hope you're having a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment