Pages

Friday 27 January 2017

Fan Art Friday ~ Tomoyo-chan

I finished reading Cardcaptor Sakura this past week and oh my gosh I loved it so much. It's just so adorable and beautiful and I got totally sucked in and attached to everyone. So I wanted to use it for my fan art friday and I chose Tomoyo because she's just adorable and so sensible and kind and excited and I love her. We need more characters that realise just because you love someone doesn't mean they'll love you back. The idea that you can wear someone down until eventually they realise they actually do like you is just stupid and makes people in real life think stupid things, like being able to make someone fancy you if you just try hard enough is a real thing. It's not. Anyway, I love her.

Tomoyo-chan

I'm trying to not be too down on this drawing, I got too worked up before hand (drawing characters gets me stressed because people already have an idea of what it 'should' look like and it was a fancy new sketchbook and it was fancy new pens) and I can see how tense and worried I was in the drawing. But I recently spent some money on a better quality sketchbook and some more markers and really wanted to try them out so I ploughed through anyway. It's not the ideal colours I would have chosen because I wanted to use it as practise with my markers and so I had to just use what I had colour wise but I think in the end it didn't turn out too badly.

The new sketchbook I got was a moleskine sketchbook. I've never been keen on moleskine because I prefer white paper (I actually wanted to try a Leuchtturm sketchbook because they apparently have white paper but went with the cheaper option for now) but this isn't at all as yellow as I was expecting and the markers look really nice on it. The new markers I got were a pastel pack of winsor and newton brushmarkers. Again I basically went for the cheaper out of the decent options I had found for markers. I need to practise a lot more with them though, I haven't got a good feel for them yet and keep bending the brush more than I need and going out of the lines which would be fine if it was intentional lol. Practise practise practise. I just need to use them enough that they don't feel fancy anymore and then I'll be able to do more relaxed work with them which always works out better.

You can tell I'm stressed about this drawing today because I ramble on trying to justify it for ages. Nevermind ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment