Pages

Saturday 4 May 2019

Skulls and Flowers ~ Painting Clothes


I love to paint my clothes ^-^
I feel really good wearing them and the process of painting them acts as a kind of relaxing, self care type of activity. I love it, it makes me feel good.

I don't buy a lot of clothes but I needed something for bike riding, I don't have many pairs of trousers and most of them are loose and would get covered in chain grease and my main bike trousers have started to get the old chub rub, bike seat, crotch holes so I went round the charity shops and got lucky with these pink jeggings for £3.50. To be honest over £3 felt a bit steep for something that had visible (and kinda smelly) dirt on but I knew I'd be able to wash them and they'd be fine. Seriously though, wash clothes before you donate them, be decent.


Before I started I did some quick doodles to warm up/clarify my ideas. Even though it's a simple design I get anxious so easily it's better to do a little prep work so I don't freak out when I come to actually painting the fabric.
I made a video showing how I do it. It's not complicated, I just like making videos too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment