Pages

Sunday 26 March 2017

learning feet

Untitled

For the past few months I've been letting my folksy shop items expire, I just wasn't getting the sales over there to warrant the effort of keeping track of two shops, and the last one expired yesterday. So no more folksy but I had a big sort out for my etsy making sure I knew what stock I have and what was listed and all that good boring stuff. I'm super organised now though.

Untitled
Untitled

I've been watching a lot of Audra Auclair's videos lately. I've followed her for a while on youtube but recently got a hankering to work my way through all her videos (like I do, because I'm a creep. Or does everyone do that? I don't know...). She gets me really wanting to draw even more than I want to anyway. She's mentioned how she uses pinterest for collecting reference and the like and I realised I would find that really useful too, I use my phone a lot for reference when I'm drawing in my sketchbook and I often end up spending so much time searching for something to draw from and it's a bit of a waste. So I made a load of boards that fit with what I feel like I need (I'm sure they'll change as I use them) and am slowly building up some things to draw from. It'll be great to have this collection of pictures to choose from and not need to spend so much of my drawing time thinking of what to look up and then looking for it and then trying to find a good image. It'll all be there :)

Untitled

One of my boards at the minute is for some homework I've given myself, draw 100 pairs of feet. I've heard people mention a few times some sort of challenge for if there's something you hate drawing/need work on, draw it 100 times and you'll not hate it anymore/be able to do it or something. I haven't bothered to look it up because I don't want to get too caught up in someone else's way of learning but I thought what I do know of it sounds good. Whenever I draw a full person I get to the feet and just hate it. I mean I obviously want to work on other aspects of my people too but feet really bother me so I thought, draw 100 feets!

Untitled
Untitled

I'm choosing to do a few a day, I need to really concentrate on angles and things and let it sink in. If I drew 100 pairs of feet in one day I don't think I'd learn anything so I'm taking my time with it. I'm also a little worried it's going to become an 'urgh I have to draw today's feet now' project I hate and I'll end up ruining feet for myself but I'm going to do my best to avoid that mind set lol. Anyway I'm only at the beginning of my hundred and it's so hit and miss. One drawing I'm all, 'yeah, I can totally draw feet' and the next 'oh my goooooooosh I can't draw at all'. The more you look at things and draw them the better you get though so it's definitely worth doing I think ^_^

Untitled

A few days ago this old drawing I did of some boobs got shared a lot on instagram and I had an email from someone asking if it was available as a print so I cleaned it up and added it to my society6 and redbubble for them. I didn't worry about making it fit all the products (it fit a much wider range on redbubble if you're interested) but I have decided to leave it up. Also new to my print to order shops is this 'It's All Fine' design. They're definitely not actually in a panic, it's fine.



Here's my pinterest if you're interested :)

No comments:

Post a Comment