Pages

Friday 20 March 2020

Photos of Manga I've Been Reading

Here's all the photos I've taken while reading manga so far this year. It wasn't as many as I thought it would be actually, I think that's because I mostly read in bed before sleep and I often think "I'm too lazy to get my phone, I'll remember to take a photo of that in the morning" and then forget.
Sometimes I take a photo because I feel like I can learn something from the drawing and sometimes it's just a fan thing of really liking a character or panel or joke or whatever and sometimes it's a mix of everything.

Fushigi Yugi by Yuu Watase
Fushigi Yugi by Yuu Watase

Yuu Watase's drawings are just the perfect mix of so beautiful and also really extreme funny expressions. I've also been reading Absolute Boyfriend by her which has some really good examples further down this post.
Made in Abyss by Akihito Tsukushi / Yotsuba& by Kiyohiko Azuma

How Made in Abyss is drawn appeals to me so much, the story is super horrible a lot of the time though, don't be fooled but how cute it looks.
Yotsuba& by Kiyohiko Azuma

Yotsuba is my favourite, I love her so much in so many ways and just look at those copyright pages like a firework going off, it's so cool when people use interesting design for things that have to be there anyway.
Yotsuba& by Kiyohiko Azuma / My Hero Academia by Kohei Horikoshi
My Hero Academia by Kohei Horikoshi

I watch the anime of HeroAca and I'm now slowly working my way through the manga (slowly because I'm apparently not the only person borrowing it from the library, who'd have thought) and it's so nice to go over the story again and also to be able to go at my own speed, the anime episodes are always over too soon. I love how Horikoshi draws SO MUCH (the hands😭) and I love all the characters SO MUCH and I love getting to see all the little background bits of panels and the cover/contents page designs are so cool and yeah I just love it all ok.
Nausicaa by Hayao Miyazaki
Nausicaa by Hayao Miyazaki

Unsurprisingly considering the mangaka, Nausicaa is so beautiful, the art as well as the story. I am not articulate enough to explain how this is affecting me, I feel very touched by how she interacts with nature and all the creatures and Miyazaki's use of heavy detail and also negative space is just so good. I'm only 2 volumes in and there's 7? I think? and I'm trying to pace myself so I don't run out, even though I will totally read it again.
Nausicaa by Hayao Miyazaki
Absolute Boyfriend by Yuu Watase

Here are some of those Watase expressions I mentioned at the start, so good, right?
Absolute Boyfriend by Yuu Watase
Absolute Boyfriend by Yuu Watase / Rin-ne by Rumiko Takahashi
Rin-ne by Rumiko Takahashi

I'm having a lot of fun with Rin-ne, it's funny, he's poor so it's relatable, I'm so in love with Rokumon (the little cat in the last picture of the post), he's such a good boy and so cute. Again, Takahashi is just so good at drawing, a revelation, I know, I'm the first to notice. It's so silly but it's supposed to be and I'm enjoying it a lot. The library don't have it all which is sad but I think I might try the anime after to get more of a fix of the characters.
Rin-ne by Rumiko Takahashi

That's it for now. I might keep doing this, I collect so many images of various things and then they sit on my computer without getting looked at much but it was nice to go back over them. I'd love to know what you've been reading too!


Take care!
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

No comments:

Post a Comment