Pages

Friday 7 June 2019

From the past week or so...


I loved packing this order and was very grateful for how many things they bought ^-^
I'm still always so amazed when someone wants to own something I made, I think I always will be. I know it's a cliche but I make art because I can't not, the fact that other people see anything of interest in it is a really sweet extra💜


I've had a tough brain week this week. So has Sharky. After our last vet visit we tried stopping giving him as much "not rat" food because he's been losing weight and the vet thought giving him extras might be stopping him from eating the rat food that has everything he needs in it. For a week or so we stopped giving him his extras and we're pretty sure he's a brat and that actually made him stop eating the rat food as some sort of protest. Yesterday I tried crushing the rat pellets into some baby food so he can have his treats like the brat he his and we know he's also getting the nutrition from the pellets. I'm pretty sure when we give him the stuff he wants, he also eats more of the pellets and this way he gets even more of the pellets because they're mixed into the treats. Such a spoiled baby lol. He's almost two and not very well though so at this point I'm happy to do anything to keep him happy.


I finally bleached my roots. This is how I section it so I don't miss any bits.


It's still just bleached now though because I can't decide how I want to colour it. I'm not too keen on it just bleached but I prefer it to the roots. I'm sure I'll just chuck some colour on there soon.


I'm still trying to paint more. This day was a bit of a bust brain-wise so I just drew flowers from a book and then painted them whatever random colours. I'm trying to not beat myself up for spending time on things that aren't sellable items. I think in reality I have enough shop stock and make things often enough, it's a bigger audience I need so I need to focus on things to share and building that just as much as I need to be coming up with new stock. It all counts.


I'm working on a weekly vlog at the minute and used these photos of a painting I did as a title card for the day and thought it'd be a cute gif. I'm conflicted with gifs, like, does there need to be something glitching about on every page shouting for your attention while you're trying to read things but also I love gifs.


And then yesterday I actually left the house for the first time all week and since some time into the last week too. This photo is actually from the garden but I went into the city with Will for the library book sale and then we went out a second time in the afternoon but that was just to the supermarket.
I always have Teleprompters by The Uncluded in my head because I really do need to get out more. I am snail under pressure. I'm working on it though ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment