Pages

Saturday 22 June 2019

Calm and Nice Youtube Channels

I've recently got into Korean vlogs that are really calm, quiet, clean, simple type lifestyle vlogs and I love them. They're really relaxing and I actually find them quite motivating. Maybe it's just that being relaxed makes doing life seem possible, maybe I'm directly inspired by what they're doing. I don't know but either way I'm enjoying them and they're making me feel peaceful and like I can do stuff and that's all that matters really.

Sometimes it feels like a slightly consumerist/trend version of mindfulness that I think should bother me but honestly I don't really care. I can get enjoyment from the videos without losing my own priorities or morals or whatever and if they're happy making them then we're both fine.
I'm know that just because having all neutral tones makes them happy doesn't mean it will make me happy lol.

I'm aware of how I feel about waste and consumerism so while I get some sort of enjoyment out of seeing them hang all their tote bags up nicely it doesn't stop me thinking "I don't think you can call totes "eco bags" if you keep buying more of them..." tote life!
I have to say though that the Korean illustrations I'm seeing on all these things are great so maybe I am at risk of being inspired to buy some Korean stationery...

I should probably just let myself enjoy something without thinking so much about it.

I'm also interested in whether the not showing faces thing is purely for privacy or if it's a conscious aesthetic choice because of how our brains are hard wired to pay attention to faces I think it definitely adds something to the feel of the videos to not be showing them.

I've been mooching around a lot of these calm, Korean vlog channels but here are the two I'm enjoying most at the minute:
CozyDay 코지데이
This channel is run by a couple who share they're sickeningly sweet love for each other through home decor and stationery dates and journaling and I swear as I get older I just get more sentimental because I would have just found it annoying years ago. They make journal pages together. Like, literally one of them holds the paper while the other cuts it. I just can't.



ondo온도
Ondo's vlogs are just so calming. It has that proper "slice of life" feel to it where you can't really explain what's happening, it just is. I love it though. And the food! Oh the food. I'm off to carefully smash some strawberries into my milk.



Now what I really want to find is a similar "clips of my life" type vlogger but of an art weirdo living in Osaka. That'd be perfect viewing for me.
Please share your favourite youtube channels, finding this stuff is so random I'm always open for recommendations🐣💖

No comments:

Post a Comment