Pages

Sunday 17 February 2019

Desk Mess Is Good


I love to be surrounded by things that I like and my desk is a pretty good example of that. Although this first photo is a bit too many things, there's no space for me lol (=⌒▽⌒=) Every now and then I have a big tidy up and make a big clear space on my desk and then just let it fill back up as I work until it's not usable anymore and then I start the cycle again. I like it, it's a good system for me.


I do tidy up at the end of each day. These stickers and pens got put back in their places and mugs get taken downstairs but somehow there's always a few things that get left out.



I love ephemera and bits and bobs and I think that just means I will forever be surrounded by little things that make me feel cosy. One of the constants my whole life is my love for cutting up bits of paper and sticking them down somewhere else. I remember going to the library after school for my half hour of free internet and printing out pictures of my favourite bands, taking them home and pritt sticking them into diaries and notebooks. I think that's just how I want my surroundings to feel, like I've cut out all these things from the world and put them where I like them.


No comments:

Post a Comment