Pages

Saturday 17 February 2018

My desk ~ Feb 2018

My desk ~ Feb 2018

It had been all gloomy for a few days (which feels like forever when you add it into the rest of winter) and then the sun came back and I was sitting at my desk all bright and sunny and I had the urge to take some photos. I have a pretty big desk and when I have a tidy up I get it as clear and open as possible so I have lots of space to work but I inevitably end up putting things down on it (like this bracelet and beads) and working in a tiny little gap in the middle. It's not too bad at the minute though.

My desk ~ Feb 2018

I love washi tape so much. I use it packing orders or gifts and in my sketchbooks and diaries or generally if something needs sticking somewhere. I always want more of them and I get sad when I think I see a cool new tape in a shop and then it's a plastic one. I prefer paper tapes. Whenever I get a new tape I stick some in that little book so I can use them up but still have a record of my collection, I really look forward to that book being full, it'll be so satisfying to flip through.

My desk ~ Feb 2018

My pencil case is actually a toiletries bag that my mum passed on, I think she got it as a free gift or something. I love it, it looks like hundreds and thousands and holds a lot of pens and they are both important things to me.

My desk ~ Feb 2018

I normally shove tissues out of the way and behind things when I take pictures but it's just a fact of my life that there are tissues everywhere all the time. You might think it's gross but they aren't all that gross really and tbh if I threw away a tissue after every little nose blow I'd be using up so many trees and I don't want that on my conscience. There's also always cups but I'm really good at taking them back downstairs with me so they are current tea stains, not old ones.

My desk ~ Feb 2018

Some brushes in a cracked Little Mermaid mug and a photo of my nan and me from 2001. I have another photo of her with my grandad in my studio too, I miss them a lot and it's quite comforting to see their faces while I'm working. I should really get a frame for this one.

My desk ~ Feb 2018

Some good postcards, Bunny Bissoux, Mais2 and Kiku.

My desk ~ Feb 2018

And the whole thing. Like I said, it's not too bad at the minute, a pretty decent work space. I wish I had more stuff on the walls but our whole house is made of mould (thanks landlords, you do a great job) and if I have something good enough to put on the wall I probably don't want to risk it getting ruined. But once my awful drawing posture has settled me in to work I can't see the wall anyway so you know, it'll do ^_^

p.s. I have emptied the bin since taking these photos, it was getting out of hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment