Pages

Wednesday 12 July 2017

Lord Mayor's Celebrations 2017

Lord Mayor's Celebration 2017

The Lord Mayor's Celebration was at the weekend which means a parade, street performers, food and fireworks. I generally avoid going out at the weekend but if I'll get to see a giant bear then I'll make an exception. (which is why I'll be at Pride later in the month haha)

Lord Mayor's Celebration 2017
Lord Mayor's Celebration 2017
Lord Mayor's Celebration 2017
Lord Mayor's Celebration 2017

Baba Yaga and her hut were out and about terrorising children. Look at how beautiful the hut is! And Baba Yaga herself was gliding around in her mortar, it was super cool.

Lord Mayor's Celebration 2017
Lord Mayor's Celebration 2017

Those samosa were the best samosas I have ever had and I've been thinking about them ever since mmm samosas.

Lord Mayor's Celebration 2017
Lord Mayor's Celebration 2017
Lord Mayor's Celebration 2017

I was pretty achy by this point because I am a weakling but we hung around to watch the fireworks because public displays of fireworks are magic. You're meant to stand round the other side of the castle but we go where there are fewer people, that's why it kind of looks like two separate displays, a short one and a tall one lol.

Lord Mayor's Celebration 2017
Lord Mayor's Celebration 2017
Lord Mayor's Celebration 2017
Lord Mayor's Celebration 2017

On Sunday we went to see the duck race. It turned out that the tide was going in one direction and the wind in the other and they kind of cancelled each other out so it wasn't so much a race as a float about but in the end a few ducks made a break for it and there was a winner. It was fun to watch, the ducks get dropped off the bridge to start the race which was what I was most excited to see (I tried to film it so it might be in my vlog at the end of the week).

Lord Mayor's Celebration 2017
Lord Mayor's Celebration 2017
Lord Mayor's Celebration 2017

Overall it did reinforce the fact that I like to avoid weekends, I definitely had to experience one too many dickhead lads, but I had a really good time. I'm glad to live somewhere that puts on something like this each year, it's a lot of fun ^_^


Edit: here's the blog post with the video from this weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment