Pages

Sunday 31 July 2016

Norwich Pride 2016

Pride 2016
Pride 2016

Saturday was the 8th Norwich Pride (only my second) and it was so much fun. The route was different this year, ending in Chapelfield Gardens where there were stalls and a stage and it worked really well. As well as going in the opposite direction, the route was longer this year too which pleases me greatly ^_^ Seeing all the people gathered for the start of the march had me tearing up a bit. I've been so down on Norwich lately (although I'm pretty sure the negative people are getting too loud all over the country (and world) at the minute) and having all these people together just celebrating each other really lifted my lil' heart.

Pride 2016
Pride 2016

We headed into the city before lunch to check out the stalls in The Forum and were given free cake by a trans support group so I was happy lol. There were lots of stalls by all sorts of organisations and it looked like a lot of good information was getting shared (also, lots of sweets).
We stocked up on badges and headed out to where the march would start. We kind of watched the march from a few different spots and then joined on the end. The atmosphere was so good.

Pride 2016
Pride 2016
Pride 2016
Pride 2016

Once we were in the park the atmosphere was even better, all sorts of people having a really good time together. I was just so happy all day, it was awesome.

Pride 2016
Pride 2016

Rather than taking lots of bad photos of the stage I went with lots of bad video instead. Although the footage isn't technically good it makes me smile and if that isn't the point of recording a day out then I don't know what is. Look out for Steve the policeman. We'd seen him walking about, looking fabulous in his pink feather boa, the strap round his hat was Pride themed, he had rainbows on his cheeks and was just brilliant. Then he was up on stage saying hello to his boyfriend and dancing along with Ashley-Kate and it was definitely one of my top moments of the day, watching that footage makes me smile so hard.



It all makes me smile so hard. I can't say enough how much fun it was, can't wait till next year :D

No comments:

Post a Comment