Pages

Sunday 1 November 2015

Inktober 2015 Days 22 - 31

Inktober Day 22

Aaaaaaaaaand done. 31 drawings for 31 days. I'm proud of myself for managing Inktober this year, I think it's the first I've actually done it (with a few catch up days). Some days were sketchier than others but I think I did manage a few drawings that I might come back to and work up into something 'proper'. Although most of the drawings were actually done on the sofa at the end of the day with fine liners I started off thinking I wanted to practice my brushwork but literally after one day I moved onto dip pen which I think I get on with a lot better. Sometimes I wonder if doing these challenges just adds more pressure to the day and I shouldn't bother but they are useful. I know it probably sounds dumb but I feel like I've moved forward a little bit with my drawing for having figured out I prefer dip pen. If I hadn't done Inktober I would have drawn less through October and would probably stubbornly still be trying to use a brush every time I sit down to draw and I think using a brush is maybe an idea I have about doing 'good' linework rather than just naturally being what I draw best with. I don't know. That fudge was really good.

Inktober Day 23 Inktober Day 24 Inktober Day 25 Inktober Day 26 Inktober Day 27 Inktober Day 28 Inktober Day 29 Inktober Day 30 Inktober Day 31

No comments:

Post a Comment