Pages

Monday 29 June 2015

Zine ~ April and May

Untitled

For April's zine I just really wanted to have a go at a folding technique I saw in this blog post. I didn't pay any attention to measurements. I just drew all over a piece of paper and then winged it, folding and cutting in what looked like kind of the right places that would at least make it work even if it's not the neatest thing in the world.

Untitled
 



It's hard to show how the pages turn without videoing it but I don't have the technology for such things. The pages are one sheet of paper folded and the cover is a separate piece added after. Even though it's double sided you can just keep turning the pages and you end up going back along the other side of it. It's a lot of fun, I think with some proper thought and planning it could be used to make something really good.

Untitled
 
I had a go at drawing Eurovision and collected the drawings together for my May zine. I tried drawing Eurovision last year but wasn't at all quick enough and didn't even manage a drawing for every country. I managed a drawing for every country this year but mostly just heads and not a lot of detail. My plan is to do it every year as a kind of annual point of reference to see how my observational drawing changes/gets better (and quicker I hope), it'll be an interesting way of seeing how my drawing develops I think.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment