Pages

Sunday 7 June 2015

Tabling at Roller Derby

Untitled

We have a local roller derby team, The Norfolk Brawds and Will and myself have wanted to go see them play for ages but every time some sort of working/not having funds type problem got in the way and we've never quite managed it. So when I got an email asking if I wanted to have a stall at the next event I was a little too excited about it. This first photo is the least blurry one I have. Before I even started taking photos I knew I wouldn't get a good one but couldn't stop myself.

Untitled
Untitled

Here's our table, looking all fancy. I had a few items that haven't been available anywhere else yet so it was good to see how people reacted to them. I wasn't expecting much in the way of sales because it wasn't a market, people weren't there to buy stuff but in the end it went well which was a lovely bonus. Some days we have to question whether we can afford to buy meat but other days we essentially get paid to watch roller derby. My job is not too shabby.
I took a bunch of blurry photos and I know no one wants to see a bunch of blurry photos but I couldn't resist posting a few anyway. These are tough ladies. Tough ladies that have a special place in my heart. I knew I was going to enjoy it but it was even better. The skating was awesome and the audience and atmosphere were great too. Everyone just seemed to be having such a good time. There were two games and the Brawds were in the second and they killed it, at one point the jammer was shoving against 3 blockers and actually pushing them round the track. I think we got lucky for our first viewing but I really enjoyed the first game of the day too which was a little tamer. That Brawds match though, it was so tense and right down to the last second either team could have won.

Untitled Untitled Untitled

I'm gonna stop now because I've typed and deleted so many nonsensical sentences due to fangirly excitement. I'm sure there are things I was going to say but have forgotten. My main point is that I had a great day and am now addicted. Hopefully I'll get to table at it again. If not I'll just have to pay to watch instead.

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment