Pages

Wednesday 6 June 2012

Shrink Plastic

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

I'm a bit obsessed with shrink plastic at the moment. I'm enjoying being able to draw and also make items for the shop at the same time. So far I've done rings and hair grips (as you can see).
Shrink plastic is magic, still every time I heat it I watch it curl up and think it's never going to unfold, then it always does.
I've got some blank ear studs too so they'll be getting the shrink plastic treatment next to use up all the little bits of shrink plastic left from cutting round these ones.


Some of these bits are in The Craft Room and I will be making listings on Etsy too as made to order.
If you'd like something that's on a ring to be on hair grips or you'd like me to draw a particular image or anything else then just ask, I'll be happy to make you a custom item :)

6 comments:

  1. Ooh these came out well! I also love shrink plastic and keep meaning to use it again. One question i have is what kind of glue do you use to stick it into things? I tried superglue when making a badge but it ended up coming apart after a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a glue gun. I have tried pulling the bits apart once they've been stuck together. If I can't force them apart then hopefully they won't just fall off!

      Delete
  2. Hi, I was just wondering whether you seal your shrink plastic will anything afterwards? I am experimenting with this at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't seal them with anything but I guess it would depend on what you were using to draw on the plastic with.

      Delete
    2. I have been using sharpies but was unsure whether permanent pens alone was good enough to last or not run in the rain etc.

      Delete
    3. I think you'd just have to make some test versions and get them wet. I didn't have much luck with the first pens I used and now I use alcohol based pro markers and they seem to be fine.

      Delete