Pages

Monday 18 June 2012

Knitted Bag Strap

Untitled Untitled

For Christmas my mum and dad got me a really cute little leather bag, it's lovely. The strap wasn't long enough though (I like to have bags across me rather than just hanging off my shoulder) and I finally got around to sorting that out. I knitted a long strip then stitched it onto some heavy fabric to keep it flat. It's not very neat but then, neither am I. The pattern is from a book I borrowed from my nan and grandad about traditional Latvian costume, I think in the book it was an embroidery pattern for a belt so I just drew out a section on some graph paper to knit from.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is awesome Becky. Wish I could knit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      I wish I could knit quicker. I'm the slowest knitter ever.

      Delete