Pages

Friday 12 July 2019

End of the Week Brain Dump

A little end of the week thought dump is in order I think.
I'm currently working on a new zine about how I'm always by myself and in my house. The work itself isn't anything amazing (I mean, not that it's bad lol) and I hate to bring it up because I'm not ready to share anything about it yet but I've had the idea and some roughs and notes sitting around pretty much since the start of the year and I've finally started work on it. I've been trying really hard to improve my focus and willpower and discipline and this week it's felt like I'm truly getting somewhere. The long summer evenings are a big help, it takes me a while to get started in the morning. I'm hoping to get a good routine going before winter comes back around again when I know my working hours will go down. Which is fine, I'm happy to work with the seasons.

I've had a lot of nice messages lately. I mentioned my youtube on instagram and got some nice "I watch and like your videos" comments which I wasn't expecting at all and I've had some nice dm's too, I don't know where all the love is coming from but I appreciate it. I feel like I'm working really hard at the minute but don't actually have that much to show for it so I'm surprised anyone is making a connection to my work right now. It's really nice.
It's also slightly anxiety inducing because I don't know how to reply to people and I give idiot social anxiety brain replies that are so short and nothing-y to someone who has reached out and been so nice to me and I'm just all "thanks" but I'm doing my best and it's something else I'm working on. I'm sorry I'm bad at replies, thank you for sticking with me.


I changed my username from my actual name to TinyRatMagic pretty much everywhere. I've wanted to change away from using my name for a while now but couldn't think of anything and then I suddenly went with this and I forget I've done it and when I see my username on things it makes me smile. I need to make some new business cards stickers.

Will's sister recommended Haikyu!! to us aaaaaaaaaages ago and it's been sitting in my queue and I finally started watching it and it's really sweet. I'm enjoying it a lot. I feel kind of bad for it because we're also watching My Hero Academia and I'm pretty fucking attached to it but it's ok, anime don't have to compete, they're all good to me in their own beautiful ways.


We booked advance train tickets to London this morning. I'm really scared about it because I'm an idiot and think it's going to jinx us somehow but I'm also excited. I miss london and really (really really) want to see the manga exhibit at the british museum (I've been planning and saving since they announced it at the start of the year) so I'll focus on positive thoughts and even if something does fuck up, that's life. You can't not make plans just in case something bad happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment