Pages

Sunday 2 September 2018

Dots and Pigeons ~ This Week's Things

Untitled

Last week I got Yoshitomo Nara, Nobody's Fool out of the library and it's such a beautiful book. I've been a fan of his work for a while and when I saw this book in the library I was unsure about whether to bring it home. It's huge and I had a 30 min walk but I couldn't leave it behind and I'm so glad I didn't. I'll be sad to give it back. But I will because stealing from the library is lame, I'm looking at you people who have stolen all the witchcraft books. Not very coven-ly of you (•ˋ _ ˊ•)

I started watching Comic Girls, which I just found out is also a four-panel manga so I'll have to look into that. It's about 4 high school girls that are living in a dorm together to draw manga and it's adorable. All the scenes about drawing are especially great and they're just trying to improve at something they really love. Sweetness.

Untitled

I got fancy new laces for my new (to me) trainers and I've been painting dots on my cardigan. I sorted out all my clothes last week and decided this needed to be more colourful if it was getting kept. It's a slow process, knitted things are difficult to paint and take a long time to dry so I can't turn it over to do more dots until the next day but it's going to be very worth it.

Untitled

Pigeons are very cool but some people seem to not know that so I'm making a zine about the fact that they're lovely. While googling some pigeon facts I wanted to check I got recommended a pigeon facts video by Commander Holly who I had not heard of before but am now kind of in love with. I love that pigeons led me to someone that also is into craft and games and all that good stuff.

It's september now. I like september, the city gets quiet again when schools go back, the weather has opportunity to be perfect, days aren't super short and cold yet but it starts to be a little autumnal. Looking forward to a cosy time and ramping up my roasted veg intake.

No comments:

Post a Comment