Pages

Friday 8 June 2018

Some Drawings ~ May

Untitled

Some photos from my phone of some of the drawings I did in May. These are a mixture of sketchbook and diary. I just finished a sketchbook that I've been hoping to fill up for a while, the binding was bothering me and I want to work in a not so annoying book but can't leave a book half empty. I think I'm going to work on loose paper for a bit and stick some bits in to cover the most useless pages but then I might make a flip through video for it. It's not full of amazing drawings like some sketchbook videos but not everyone can use sketchbooks like that and I like the idea of adding a slightly less polished looking sketchbook to the mix. I mean if your final pieces are beautifully layered oil paintings then your rough sketches are probably going to be more detailed than anything I ever do. It's ok for your sketchbook to be an ugly mess of nonsense just the same as it's ok for people to make sketchbooks that could be beautiful finished pieces in their own right. All sketchbooks are good sketchbooks!

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

My current creative project is finishing a kpop fanzine that I started working on ages ago. I left it totally unfinished to do other things and then thought I should get it finished even though I didn't feel like I was really into it anymore then when I actually started to work on it again I got really into it so hopefully I'll manage to keep working on it until it's actually finished this time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment