Pages

Monday 18 September 2017

a poorly rat :(

Untitled

After a nothing-y weekend I started my week in the library. I've been interested in the Wollstonecraft book for a while and it was on display so I grabbed that and I've never read any Virginia Woolf and thought it was about time.

Untitled
Untitled

On Tuesday we took the rats to the vet. Pixel was squeaking and it's really common for rats to have respiratory problems. It was a new vet (recommended by our old vet because rats are exotic apparently) and they're new rats and this bacteria is really contagious so they all got checked out. They weren't fans, the vet may have got pooed on (she definitely did). Luckily Tank and Sharky came away with a clean bill of health but Pixel is on antibiotics and an anti inflammatory. He hates it and it's almost impossible to get it in him and I think he's going to need more. I feel so bad about it but we're doing our best, he's just so young and wiggly and not that bothered about treats! And he's pretty good at walking along with his mouth on the floor to scrape as much of it back out again afterwards and what can you even do to stop that! He's getting pretty used to being handled though and we're getting better at handling him so even if he needs another round of meds at least it should go a little smoother. He has a check up this week so we shall see, fingers crossed. He's doing fine though as far as you can tell by watching him, hopefully he doesn't know he's ill.

Untitled

I managed to tear myself away from the rat cage (a good thing because listening to Pixel make those little noises is heartbreaking) and made some more badges. I actually got some listed too, I've been making groups to list together so needed what seemed like a good amount before I could put them up in the shop. So far I think the collage-y ones with the stickers are my favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment