Pages

Monday 19 June 2017

wild garden

These weeks are going past way too quickly at the minute. I know it can always feel like that anyway but I've had a bit of a run of bad brain and it's making me really concentrate each week on the feeling of "another week gone and I didn't get anything done". It's not even true but I still feel bad about it which makes me not feel very creative. And the evil circle continues.

Untitled

Something I did do this week though was get some mini hama beads which I'm very excited about. I'm going to make all sorts of pixel based images for badges and necklaces and earrings and whatever else. I made myself a little rainbow badge to test out glue that would hold to the beads. I've been wearing it for 4 days now and it's still together so I think I might be ready to start making things for the shop. I bought just a 7500 mixed colour bag of beads to get me started so I have some boxes coming soon so I can sort the colours out which will make them much easier to work with. I'm really excited by these ^_^ colours, crafts, pictures, what more could I want?!

Be Kind Stay Angry
I also got a new design listed in my print to order shops. It's the same design that I painted onto a shirt for myself and even though I'm planning on painting shirts for my etsy I thought it would be a good idea to have it up on all the other products too.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Our garden is doing really well at the minute. We basically ignore it and then when it's too overgrown to use we chop it all right back and repeat. The strawberry bush is giving us tasty little strawbs even though it's supposed to be too old for fruit which is lovely and the rose bush is doing so well. I've brought a few flowers inside and they smell amazing.

Untitled

We've been watching Grace and Frankie on netflix and love it. I didn't think I would get as into it as I am but I'm really enjoying it. It's been good the whole way through, not a recent revelation but more programmes about people outside the young, white, straight, able bodied demographic please. Besides the obvious equality/representation reasons, stories we haven't heard yet are much more likely to be interesting because they aren't over used already.
I also finished reading Sailor Moon this week. It was such a good series, I still really want to see the anime but I'm so glad I've had the chance to read the manga, there's a reason it's so popular ^_^
Aaaaand Haruka Kurebayashi has started a youtube channel and so far it's as colourful and cute as you'd expect. I hope she keeps it up because I'm loving it so far. I'm so glad she's having english subtitles added ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment