Pages

Thursday 16 February 2017

stickers and speed and carrot tops

Untitled
Untitled

I ordered a few cheap tapes and stickers on ebay, they're coming from China so obviously I'm having to wait for them but the first stickers arrived super quick and they're so cute! I love love love it when things have wrong english on them because it's not translated correctly. Not in a point and laugh way, even though it is funny, but in a pure isn't language amazing and difficult and brilliant way. One of my favourites that you can't quite see in these pictures is "the wind softy touches me".

Untitled

I made and listed my January zine. I swear every month I sit down to scan in the pages for this and I feel like I won't have enough to fill it because I feel like I haven't been drawing and then it turns out I have plenty. I actually deleted some stuff that I wanted to add but it wouldn't fit.

Untitled
Untitled

I went to post a couple of orders and Will came along for the stroll and we ended up in the train station eating sausage rolls then went to the corner shop for fizzy pop and sweets. I had a much needed irn bru.

Untitled

I always feel like I don't have enough time and will never get anywhere because the week runs out before I've 'achieved' anything or something and I got kind of obsessed with how long things take, even the smallest little things, and trying to be quick, figuring out what order to do stuff in most efficiently. Writing it out now I'm still thinking 'but that sounds smart, think about all these things and get as much done in a day as possible' but I realised it's been stressing me out and I'm so tired all the time even though I still feel like I'm not getting anything done. So the past few days I've decided to try really hard to walk slower and just generally potter about and not worry so much about what the time is and I definitely feel calmer already. I'll have to wait and see if my productivity changes or not. But I also need to remember I'm not doing it to be more productive, that would be counter-intuitive. It will be interesting to see if I can feel better and still get the same done or maybe get more done or maybe I get less done and need to figure that out. I don't know yet but my point is I was literally moving too fast and it was stressing me out and now I'm trying to move slower and it feels good. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

Untitled

We've started actually intentionally watching things in the evening rather than zoning out infront of something neither of us really want to see. Will's friend is letting us use their netflix account which is an amazing addition to our lives. We both very much enjoy Timothy Olyphant and Drew Barrymore so we watched Santa Clarita Diet and it was such a good combo of totally gross and really cheesy acting. We're in the middle of Good Morning Call and enjoying it very much. I found it while Will was away a while ago and wasn't sure if he'd be interested but luckily he's as into it as I am. Yesterday we watched the first episode of She-Ra. I'm not sure I've ever actually seen any He-Man or She-Ra and it turns out it's brilliant, the colours, the gayness, the design, the lady that talks like a cat. I love it.

Untitled

On the one day of the week I wouldn't have been able to go, the library had a super cheap comics and manga sale and it was very sad but Will popped in on his way to work and came home with these awesome treats. I wasn't expecting there to be such good books available which kind of makes it sadder that I couldn't go but at least I still get to enjoy these ex-library beauties. At the minute I'm reading Death Note. It's so good, I'm reading them so fast I can't get hold of them quick enough.

In this video you can see how much Bernard likes carrot tops and also a massive pin board Will brought home. We're not allowed to make our home nice because we rent and *insert landlord rant* so being able to cover this pin board in amazing things is going to help make our home feel so much less gross. We just need to find some pins worthy of the beautiful things we'll be pinning up ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment