Pages

Saturday 31 January 2015

#NonIdentikit

Untitled

On twitter last week Sarah McIntyre was talking about how the illustrated faces we see of beautiful female characters are often all essentially the same and how this shouldn't be the case. Where are all the wonky noses and strong jaw lines that we see in real life beautiful women? She started the hashtag #NonIdentikit and challenged people (and herself) to draw 20 women that break from the mould in some way. She wrote a blog post about it which you can read here. It's such a good idea so I immediately joined in. I really enjoyed this, hence there being 22 rather than 20.

Untitled Untitled Untitled

I think I try to draw all sorts of people anyway but I definitely think doing this will have helped me to remember even more to include all sorts of faces while I'm drawing. Some of these are drawn from photos and some I did out of my head. If you decide to have a go then leave me a comment, I'd love to have a peek.

Untitled

1 comment: