Pages

Sunday 11 January 2015

Crochet ~ Shaun the Sheep

Simply Crochet Issue 27

The new issue of Simply Crochet is a pretty big one for me. I was asked to design an amigurumi Shaun The Sheep to coincide with the new film! That was a pretty exciting email, I can tell you. I'm still a little shocked I had the chance to be involved in something connected to Aardman. Including the fact that the drawings I did to show my ideas would have been sent to them. Even though I wasn't showing them as an illustrator the idea that my drawings of Shaun the Sheep were seen by anyone at Aardman is pretty daunting and wow. That boucle yarn was amazing, although a little tricky to work with. Worth it though. (You could definitely use regular yarn and he'd still look mighty fine.)

Simply Crochet Issue 27

Aswell as my Shaun I am also lucky enough to have an interview in this issue! I don't really know what to say about it. Obviously it's an amazing thing but my shy awkwardness is making me want to turn my head and blush rather than type anything.

Simply Crochet Issue 27

It's about a year since I had my first piece in the magazine which isn't something I thought I'd be saying if ever let alone now, so thank you everyone at Simply Crochet for working with me. I don't think seeing my work printed will ever get boring so hopefully I'll keep coming up with things you want to use  ^_^

2 comments: