Pages

Wednesday 30 January 2013

Quentin Blake

Untitled

I found out a while ago that there was a Quentin Blake exhibition on in Diss so on Monday Will and I ventured out to Diss for the first time to find the Corn Hall and some Blake prints. It was so good. I always think of Quentin Blake as a children's book illustrator so seeing some work that wasn't for children was really interesting. I loved it. The girls with dogs are my favourite I think, there was another one where the dog was sitting with his paw on a piece of paper that had yellow on it which I really liked.
Also, I found Diss to be really quite pretty. We didn't adventure round it much because it was too cold to wander about, we just walked back down through a bit of the town centre to get to the train station again but there's a big park with some kind of lake in the middle and lots of little independent shops and a bakery selling the tastiest pork and apple sausage rolls (it's never too cold to stop at a bakery) and I imagine I'll go back at some point with a camera.


I used google image to find the illustrations, the first links to here and the second here. The photo at the top is mine and was taken at Diss train station.

No comments:

Post a Comment