Pages

Sunday 21 October 2012

This past week I...

Untitled

....have been mostly trying to produce items for a craft market I've got myself a stall for in November.

I'm really excited. I've not had much luck so far with my limited market experience (ha, I've only done 2!) but there's just something about the idea of having a stall at a craft market that I really love. I must try and get involved in them more often. I'm on the lookout for handy display type bits (got myself a nice glass bowl yesterday from a charity shop) and am working on some new items as well as tried and tested ones and I'm at the stage where I've got lots of ideas and keep starting new things before finishing anything and my studio is a bit of a mess so I think I'm going to have to sit down and make some sort of plan soon to organise myself.

I do love having to do lists.

Here's the facebook page for The Makers Emporium if you're interested. Spread the word please :)

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with it! What's that you're knitting? I like the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with it Becky. I did a few last year, luckily I made a profit at each of them, but obviously some were better than others.
    I used cake stands to display some of my stuff- my top tip is to have everything clearly priced with tickets or little signs as lots of people are too shy to ask, and to have different levels of stuff - we piled up books to help with that :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'd been thinking about using cake stands, books is a great idea! I saw on instagram someone had made shelves out of cardboard storage boxes on their sides which I thought was pretty clever seeing as they'd be useful for transporting things there too.

      Delete