Pages

Saturday 18 August 2018

Sketchbook: Dec '17 - Aug '18

Sketchbook: Dec'17 - Aug '18

I filled up a sketchbook recently and I don't hate it! This is weird for me, I normally get half way through or just over and it starts to drag. I just want to get to the last page and start in a new, more lovely book. Sometimes it's because the drawings I've done aren't doing it for me and sometimes it turns out the book itself wasn't the right choice but I rarely get to the end of a sketchbook without wishing it was already over.
I always get to the end though, can't waste a sketchbook.

Sketchbook: Dec'17 - Aug '18

This sketchbook wasn't perfect (obviously, considering I don't have access to a "proper" art shop so I have limited choice and also a very small budget and what is perfect anyway?) I was worried that the pages being perforated would be a problem but oddly none of the perforated lines came loose but a few of the actual pages came off the binding. I think how the pages turned over the perforated sections was too harsh and the binding just got worked too much. The paper was fine, white and smooth which I love but sometimes I felt it was a bit smudgy when I was rubbing out. That might be to do with all the other variables though (type of rubber, pencils, pens, my greasy moisturiser hands, thanks eczema). It had a really solid hardback cover and opened nice and flat, I often worked on both sides of the pages and stuck lots of things in too. Overall it was a good book. If you're interested it's a Winsor and Newton Heavy Weight Case Bound Sketchbook, I used the A5 one.

Sketchbook: Dec'17 - Aug '18

These scans are some of my favourite drawings but there's a flip through video on my youtube if you'd like to see the whole thing. There are so many drawings and ideas in here that I'll be going back to to re-work into something more fancy or some sort of thing to hold in my hands (and maybe put in my shop). I always like remembering the time that the sketchbook spans and this book definitely got me through some stuff, it maybe isn't full of amazing art in itself but I can see how it got me to a new place creatively and I feel like I'm so much better off than when I started it. Although, I started it in the winter so let's hope it wasn't just seasonal affective disorder and I'm actually in a better place! (≧∇≦)

Sketchbook: Dec'17 - Aug '18

No comments:

Post a Comment