Pages

Saturday 5 March 2016

Campfire Tattoo

Untitled

Last weekend the wonderful William used his day off to make my ankle cuter. In the long run anyway, it's currently bruised, a little peely and weird but hey, that's tattoos. Before I'd had any I was always prepared for how much it would hurt getting it done (and then it wasn't quite so bad) but I'd never heard anyone mention how annoying it was to heal. I think washing it the day after is worse than getting it done in the first place. I hate it. Healing tattoos hurt me a lot, Will doesn't seem to notice his but he grew up on a farm so he's hardier than most, like a cow or something.

Untitled

He drew me a little campfire based on a sketch I saw in his sketchbook, changed to my picky specifications and with added sparkles. Having a tattoo apprentice for a partner sure is handy, picking a good tattoo artist is so important and I kind of had that process done for me. I know he's clean and is good at drawing/designing, cares a lot about the craft of tattooing, is friendly and will do the best tattoo he can every time. Which as far as I'm concerned is a pretty damn good tattoo, especially considering he hasn't been doing it all that long.

Untitled

Untitled

I recorded a vlog while I was there. You might notice there's lot's of prep type bits and then it drops off a little until he's finished. That's because it hurt and I lost interest in anything except staying as still as possible and trying not to cry. Ankles hurt. Yes, I'm a wimp but I sit good so you know, at least I'm helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment