Pages

Monday 21 March 2016

Banham Zoo March 2016

Untitled

Mum and Dad came to visit at the weekend. As ever, it flew by far too quickly and seems a bit like it didn't actually happen but on Saturday we went to Banham Zoo. It was really cold and a lot of the animals were huddled up or being kept in their houses but I think we saw almost all of them. I didn't take as many photos as I normally would because I was being super careful, worried my battery would run out. Because it has a screen instead of a viewfinder my new camera goes through battery quicker than my old dslr and I'm still figuring out how much use I can get from it in one go. I'm going to get a back up one so I don't end up not using my camera for fear of running out of camera. Anyway, it was a really good day with the snow leopard and tiger talks being the highlights. Getting to see them so close was a real treat. But also this donkey. He was pretty cool.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

They have a lot of different owls at Banham, I especially like the great greys, they remind me of wizards. Like, maybe they used to be wizards but reached a higher level of understanding and turned into these super majestic owls because human bodies just get in the way. I dunno, that's what they make me think of.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

I loved this guys hair. He was so tall and fancy.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

These Victoria crowned pigeons are so pretty but every time I got down to take a picture they wandered off. What a tease.

Untitled

Look at her toesies sticking through the fence ^_^ The snow leopards are so beautiful. I'm so very glad we went back to see them for the talk.
I also took a few bits of video which I strung together here.


I'm so pleased I can do video now, that donkey makes me laugh every time. I hope you had a lovely weekend too ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment