Pages

Saturday 5 December 2015

Vlogmas 2015 Days 1 - 4

Yep, you read the title correctly, vlogmas. "But Becky you don't vlog at all, why are you doing vlogmas?!"
Well...

I've always recorded my life, whether through writing diaries, taking too many photos, keeping various bits of ephemera, drawing diaries and obviously blogging it all too so I guess it makes sense that I'm also intrigued by the idea of filming things.
I've come at it a little backwards I know. Vlogmas (a daily vlog in the run up to Christmas, 1st to 24th December) I guess is to vloggers as inktober is to illustrators, a little challenge to push you in something you already spend time doing. I am not a vlogger but vlogmas took my fancy and a few reasons made me settle on having a go.

I have problems with anxiety, especially of the social variety and a general lack of confidence. I thought talking to a camera every day for almost a month might help. I point that camera at me and it's pretty awkward. I don't know why. It's just a camera, that I have control of and can delete anything that goes on there and don't have to show anybody.
I originally thought I'd do it just for me and not share any of it but then I figured, sharing it embarrasses me and I don't think it should so why not try and overcome that too?
So I'm not sharing this because I think I've done a good job. I'm sharing it because I really don't want to. Get it?
Also, I think it will help with trying not to care what strangers think of me. I mean, I don't really care what strangers think of me but I get really self conscious doing things in public, I don't like to draw attention to myself and stopping to film something definitely causes me some panic so in the same way as taking photos helps me a bit with this I think filming out and about will help me gain a bit of confidence out in public.
The overall point I think is: I'd find it really difficult and I don't want to find it difficult so it's probably something I should try and conquer.

Also I've been thinking about making videos of some kind for a while and am hoping to get a new camera soon so I thought having a go at vlogmas now with my rubbish phone camera would give me a head start on the technical side of things. I'll start to get a feel for what I want to shoot and how to edit it together and stuff.

My current plan is to group them into 4 days per video. They're bad quality and are really not going to be interesting enough to warrant an individual video each (my life is not exciting and very repetitive) and also I don't want the pressure of editing and uploading a video every day because I don't know what I'm doing yet. But we'll see what happens.

If you've read this far thank you and sorry ^_^
If you're doing vlogmas or are watching any good ones let me know, I'd love to see. And here is my first video, days 1 to 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment