Pages

Sunday 7 October 2018

Alex Kane Meat Pandora

I'd seen the video for Spellbound by Siouxsie and the Banshees for the first time and I thought it was so cool I had to show it to Will. I love all the double exposure so much. After that, Happy House came on and I was all "oh my god why do I recognise this so much but not from this song. It must have been sampled on something I know better". Mindless Self Indulgence!



So we were listening to Bitches by Mindless Self Indulgence and Will suddenly remembers a front man with a latex outfit, black with yellow trim and wild bleached hair, we'd seen them live a few times by chance but he can't place them. I have no idea what he's talking about. Can't remember can't remember. He says one time at least was at Rock and Blues so I figure out what year we were there and he googles the line up and, shit, Antiproduct! Yes! I remember that band name, put it into youtube, watch the first video, "oh my god I totally remember them, his make up, her cool hair!" Don't know the song though, I guess only ever hearing someone live by accident a couple of times doesn't get the music in your head. Scroll scroll. Bungee jumping people die.



OH MY GOD I REMEMBER CHANTING ALONG TO THAT IN A CROWD! Then I remember that he was in a Pandora strip so I try to find it on google image but the comic or the photo I remember it being based on is nowhere to be found. I was hoping and hoping I still had all my old Pandora strips, I'd be so sad if I'd got rid of them and I was certain I'd had this particular one. She was one of my first loves, I'm not saying that the Pandora comics in Kerrang are a good role model to have but teen me was into it and sometimes you gotta take what you got. Anyway, too scared to check because I was pretty sure I'd thrown them out a while back we carried on down our youtube hole for a bit but before bed I had a quick look or I wouldn't have slept and I FOUND IT!



The Antiproduct Pandora strip! And a load of others I'd managed to keep over the years. I'm so glad I still have them. Maybe now this strip will come up if anyone else ever feels the need to google "alex kane meat pandora" on a Saturday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment