Pages

Wednesday 25 July 2018

Been Painting

Been Painting

Every couple of years I get an urge to try painting with acrylic. And every couple of years I decide that I don't like painting with acrylic and I never will. That need to paint with acrylic came back around again and this time I decided I actually quite like it, a lot. I've had a pack of paper coasters that someone gave me in my paper drawer for years knowing they were nice and would have a purpose but having no idea what to use them for and their time finally came. They're nice and solid and hold the paint well and they're the perfect size for little paintings.

Been Painting

I want to paint my way though the whole pack but I've stopped painting while the heat is at it's worst (hopefully) because even just sitting at my desk makes me sweat and the paint is going gloopy really fast. But I'll be back to these little paintings. I like the finished paintings but even more than that I liked painting them.

Been Painting

I find brushes really difficult and I can't quite make it do what I want but for some reason this time around none of that bothered me and it was just a good time. I used to find mixing colours really stressful too but I think I've reached a point in my life in general where I'm just like (or at least trying to be like) "it is what is and that's fine" and it found it's way into my painting, maybe it isn't the exact shade I was aiming for but does that actually even matter? I don't think so.
So yeah, keep trying things if you get the urge. If something feels rubbish and you don't want to do it then don't waste your time, there's so much you do want to do but if something was rubbish last time and you get an urge to try again then maybe it wont be rubbish this time :)

Been Painting

I made this vlog over the days I was painting these ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment