Pages

Sunday 24 April 2016

Toy Haul ~ Video and Photos

We have a bottle where we throw all our loose change and when it gets full I count it all into bags and put it in the bank and it just merges into regular bill paying money. Seeing as we're a little less poor at the minute than we have been over the years this time when the change bottle got full we took it out toy shopping! (Changed into notes, obviously, I didn't carry around bags of pennies all day!)



We spent all day in the city looking at all the toys, making mental notes of what was where and then we stopped for drinks and snacks and made a list of all the stuff we wanted and how much we could actually afford. Having to think so much about spending money can be hard work but we ended up with a really great selection of smaller cheap bits so it was worth it. Maybe next time we'll spend it all on one new game or something (Langley's in the Royal Arcade has some really cool versions of Fluxx we're quite keen on), balance it out.

Untitled

Or maybe we'll have to get these for Will. They're both so cool, that Stitch Tsum Tsum jumper is so cute and he was too excited about that Fallout Nuka Cola baseball cap. One day Will, they will be yours, one day.

We filmed the video at the end of the day so it's a little dark, we're tired, I had a headache, I haven't figured the best camera set up for such things yet so the focus is a little off but never fear, here is a clearer look at what we got in case you're interested (or aren't the watching videos type).

Untitled

We started our toy buying with Happy Meal toys, we never eat at McDonalds but Adventure Time is too hard to refuse. We have five of the sets now with no doubles so yay! Adventure Time merch is always really well done. I really just wanted the Num Noms blind box because it comes in a yoghurt tub that you open like a yoghurt tub and interesting packaging excites me but they're actually really cute too, I'm pleased with our little ice cream and lip gloss. I had actually ignored Zelfs because I think I'd seen the advert and thought it was boring or something but then I saw some (I think in a Nerd Burger video) and away from the marketing I actually thought they were really sweet so we got a blind box. This one is Daisy May and I now want them all. This Mikey is from a TMNT Mega Blocks blind bag, we spent ages squeezing all the bags trying to figure out whether the ones with the big piece would be the one to get or not, turns out the big piece is turtle shell and Mikey is Wills favourite ^_^

Untitled

The other blind box we got was My Little Pony (they had blind bags for the mini figures too but were sold out D:) and we got Sweetie Belle. She's so cute and it's really small and squishy which makes it even cuter.

Untitled

We spent ages in the Television and Movie store looking at all their cool merch and went back later in the day to buy...two packs of 20p X-Files series 1 trading cards. They're much more interesting than we were expecting to be honest with a lot of them being actual art rather than just screenshots. I wonder if the art was made for the cards or if it was used elsewhere?

Untitled

We also got two packs of My Little Pony cards. I think these were series 2? Pretty sure they're not the most recent ones anyway, they were in a tub near the counter for a pound each. I can't wait to use our super cool temporary tattoos. I might have to fight Will for the Pinkie Pie one (I might have to get Will to give me a real Pinkie Pie one).

Untitled

Our biggest purchase was the My Little Pony Welcome Wagon that came with a Cranky Doodle Donkey! It's amazing, I love it so much it's such a cute set. All the flags are detachable, the door opens and closes as does the oven in there. Cranky Doodle's party hat is detachable too, not that you'd ever not want a party hat on. Plus it came with a party cannon!! (I just realised the photo I took was bad and I'm lazy but you can see it next to the Zelf). The party cannon is really what pushed us to get this set.

Untitled Untitled

And we couldn't have the Welcome Wagon without having a Pinkie Pie and luckily we found this amazing Pinkie. She's wearing a present, has balloons in her tail, has fancy shades, a balloon animal hat and flippers. It's so over the top it's brilliant. In case it isn't coming across, Pinkie is our favourite so we were pretty glad to find such an awesome one.

Untitled Untitled

Now we just need to actually buy some shelves we've been needing for a while so we have space for everything ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment