Pages

Tuesday 8 February 2011

Sketchbook

6 Feb

6 Feb

7 Feb

I spent Sunday (the top 2) reading and drawing from Tank Girl 'Visions of Booga'. Also one of my 'draw a hand a day' and 'draw a face a day' that I started recently.
And then on Monday I drew from this months Dazed and Confused and another little bit of Tank Girl.

When I only do sketchbook stuff I always feel like I've been a bit naughty and not doing any 'proper' work but it's all practise, the more I draw the better the 'proper' work will be and I've always had trouble with how I should draw people, it's never come as naturally as drawing other things so that's what I'm concentrating on at the minute and I think it's working.
I've had a lot more ideas and thoughts of things I could do while I've been just sketchbooking than I do when I just try and get on with 'proper' stuff too which can only be a good thing.

It's silly, I don't know why I feel like I have to justify drawing, it's what I'm planning on doing for the rest of my life whether it's in a sketchbook or not. I think it has something to with the fact that I enjoy it so much and it's so ingrained in me that jobs are horrible and no one enjoys their job but what I'm going to do for a living is something I enjoy and that shouldn't make me feel guilty.

Anyway, thoughts over. I'm going to go google what a twitchy eyelid means because it's been driving me crazy for the last 10 minutes and google might come up with something ridiculously funny.

x

p.s. Visions of Booga was drawn by Rufus Dayglo. You should check him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment