Pages

Sunday 23 May 2010

On Friday we went into London to see as many things as we could because this pay day says I'm not allowed in to London many times.
I'd been a sad geek type and printed out the Elephant Parade map and list of all the elephants so we made sure we found any that were on our route.

We went straight to Trafalgar Square and found the elephants there. I'm still so excited by them, I think they're awesome!
We had some lunch then went to the National Gallery for the 'Talk and Draw'. It was really good, they tell you about the painting then an artist gives you some drawing 'tasks' so you get to draw from the painting in a way that makes you think about it a bit more in depth than if you just copied it straight out. It was really interesting.

(Will's photo)We headed over to the pork bun stand, finding elephants on the way, and with our pork buns got the tube over to Green Park. We spent some time wandering about finding the elephants there too and Will made a friend in the form of a squirrel.


He was so cute and completely unfazed by people. He got so close, I think he was hoping we'd give him food, but we didn't have anything to give him. We're going to go back with nuts and see if we can steal him.

One of the elephants we found was called Mr William so obviously I had to take Will's photo with it.
After we'd got all the elephants in the park we headed up the road to Fortnum and Mason to see their Handmade exhibition which was really just a shop with name tags for each item. It was so pretty and I was hugely jealous of it all. I made a mental wishlist as we walked round and it got pretty huge.
Then we went over to the Barbican to see the birds play guitars but when we got there the queue was huge and they only let 25 people in at a time. We really wanted to see it and it's a shame we've missed it but due to the hot weather which kills me and Will's mental hours at work recently we weren't really up to standing in a queue for so long so we decided to come home.

It was a really good day. I'm already looking forward to going back to find more elephants!

Now I'm going to go find some floaty clothes to wear for the day seeing as it's supposed to be the hottest day of the year so far. Looks pretty outside, but I don't function well in heat...

x

No comments:

Post a Comment